The Low Down On Environ //

Friday 18 September 2015

I think I found the perfect moisturiser. For years I have searched for a facial lotion that is moisturising without being greasy, lightweight without being insubstantial, that included vitamins and antioxidants but that didn’t include any perfumes, that could be worn alone or under makeup, and most importantly made my skin look it’s best.  Recently, I found it in Environ’s line of skin care products. Not the easiest of skincare brands to find, I am so lucky that my local salon stocks it and also Harvey Nichols in Dundrum. 


Dr. Des Fernandes, a leading Cape Town plastic surgeon and expert in treating sun damaged skin, developed the line which is based around nourishing vitamin A as the active ingredient. Apparently, Vitamin A puts on a brilliant performance as miracle worker with anti-aging, anti-photodamage and soothing abilities. Skin becomes thin because of a general lack of vitamin A, sun damage, general ageing and excess exposure to cortisone. If the skin is not assisted by proper nutrition of all elements which contribute to healthy cell behaviour, the end result will be skin malnutrition lacking essential vitamins and nutrients.

The newer AVST range features an updated brigade of antioxidants, flavanoids and other wonderful skin nutrients. I noticed results within 2 weeks using it religiously  and now devoted to this moisturiser! I graduated from AVST 1 to AVST3 and see all the more results.

The idea behind the products is that once you start, go for the products with lower doses of vitamin A first (AVST 1) and then build up to the stronger formulations (AVST 5)

I started with the AVST Cream 1 , which is moisturizing without being greasy, unscented and lightweight.  It includes Vitamins A, C, E and B5 as well as Beta-Carotene and the antioxidant Resveratrol. The idea is to moisturise the skin, improve the look of uneven skin tone and diminish the appearance of sun damage.

I am using this in conjunction with Environ 'Sebuwash' I don't use this everyday because I don't have oily skin but I find it's great to use for a thorough cleanse with my Clarisonic.  The cleanser is in a gel form and lightly foams when applied to your skin. It can be applied to dry or damp skin and still achieves a reasonable level of foaming. The smell isn’t particularly attractive, but is very clean and almost medicated smelling. Tea tree oil, salicylic acid and a special oil absorbing ingredient are the main properties within the cleanser with the tea tree working as a mild antiseptic against the salicylic acid exfoliating actions.


The price range for a cleanser starts at 20e & 46e for a moisturiser. These products are not available online. 


Have you tried the Environ skincare range?



No comments:

Post a Comment