Autumn Bases //

Tuesday 3 November 2015




Changing up my foundations is something I do quite often, depending on the weather, how my skin is looking and feeling and any other concerns at the time. I have these four bases on rotation, which is surely far more than most, and I switch them up daily depending on how my skin feels. My current autumn bases are all very different, but appropriate for the ‘anything could happen’ Irish weather. I am currently trailing some new releases so It will be interesting to see how they compare to my holy grails!
The Complexion Rescue-er 
The Details:

With it's gel texture this one seems to smooth over the skin, locking in the moisture and providing long lasting hydration all day long.

Light weight but build-able situations, this is my perfect good skin day base. It's so easy to blend and i
t's hydrating properties are not only great for dry skin but leave a luminous sheen to the skin which only gives more glow throughout the day. Brushes are best with this base, creating a flawless complexion that evens out skin tone and texture. SPF 30+ makes the CR a great choice for daily wear.

It's definitely not a one stop base for every single occasion, but it's an excellent day base and my current number one for every day use. If you have dry/normal skin (or oily skin and you really like a glow!) then this is definitely one to buy. 

Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet

The Details:

There is so much to love about this velvety-smooth, sheer fluid base if you have normal to oily or combination skin. The texture is weightless and blends like a dream, providing sheer to light coverage that diffuses flaws yet let's your natural skin tone show through. The formula is watery, like really thin, and when blended into the skin, it just melts in. 

I love the packaging- typical Chanel- it’s sleek, chic and most importantly – probably one of the lightest and easiest to pack/store/travel with foundations in your stocks. Definitely more suited to those with oilier skin. 

Nars All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation 

The Details:

Full, natural-looking coverage with unexpectedly weightless, 16-hour wear. Highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, this breakthrough formula builds and blends effortlessly with just one drop. This is definitely a full cover base, much fuller than the NARS Sheer Glow. You literally need the tiniest amount to give a good cover. It does feel weightless on the skin but build this up too much and you are in danger of a caked finish so go easy with the application. What I love about this foundation is the flawless even tone it gives your skin with one pump. It has lasted me over 8 months. 

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation 

The Details:

Charlotte’s Magic Foundation is what she describes as a “new generation” hybrid of anti-ageing, full coverage foundation. This is a weightless, easy to buff formula that will flatter every age, skin tone and skin concern. And she’s so confident in how great it is that her campaign images are before and after shots, completely un-retouched. 
It applies beautifully – I use a good buffing brush for best results, and I find the finish is perfect for me. Not too matte, not too dewy. It seems to keep me shine-free throughout the day too, something i’m hoping will improve with usage, like the description says.
In terms of coverage, I’m really impressed at how well this conceals and corrects, it's the perfect evening autumn base for those who like a bit more coverage. 


Remember that seasons change and so should your foundation!


No comments:

Post a Comment